Monday, July 26, 2010

he's on his way!!


on our way back home in the car, after saying our final goodbyes, mady asks me "mummy are u cry?" I replied "yes, mady I'm sad" & she says "haha, you not sad, you happy mummy!" I had to smile because my daughter was trying to cheer me up, even though she doesn't really understand that we didn't drop mark off for a day, he'd be gone for a long time..maybe eventually as the days go by she might start to wonder where her daddy is, but last night she just said goodbye to him like she was goin to see him later..hey, shes a kid, what'ya expect ay! lol I got a call from him this morning, they're still in the country but on the other side just waiting to finally leave. last nite I slept with my 2 girls on the bed so I had a lot to cuddle & didnt feel so lonely but his absense is still noticeable, unbearingly noticeable. But this is good, we're getting this over with, soon 1 day will pass, then 1 week, then a month & in no time I'll be writing a blog entry that says "he's back!!!" In a way I think getting excited & anxious for his return is what keeps me from getting too upset, even though its just the first day, its one day down! I believe thats the secret to surviving deployments, always be positive! Some unlucky families lost their loved ones out there and i'm not saying they weren't being positive or anything, you know shit happens unfortunately but I have this gut feeling that he's going to make it! I know God has more plans for him, some things you just know! peace & love!

2 comments:

  1. oh Rita :( I can't even begin to imagine what this is like for you & the girls, but just know that you & your little fam are in my thoughts & prayers everyday.

    P.s how gorg are your babies?!! their lovely! oh and cool blog too by the way =)

    Lolomas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reading Frances! thanks my girls are doing good, your boys are soooo adorable!! lolomas to you all in NZ!

    ReplyDelete