Monday, February 14, 2011

4 years ago..

If you take a quick peek on my lilypie counter timer thingi on the right, you will see it says we have been married for 4 years! 4 crazy ass years!! :)

On this day 4 years ago, Valentines day, as cheesy as it gets my hubby & I tied the knot! no big ceremony, no flashy reception..not that we didn't want a celebration but at that time our budget could only stretch so much..

the day before the wedding, I called my boss asked for a day off because I was getting married (big shocker for her..Hi how are you? can I take the day off i'm getting married tomorrow ohh ok thank you!) lol I bought my dress the day before lol and I think I invited my witnesses the day before lol

It's weird because I did think about what my wedding day would be like growing up and if you're a girl & you say you didn't ..yous a liar!! lol and what I had was way different from what I dreamt about (besides I knew Justin Timberlake was taken)

As I stood in front of the wedding officiant beside my husband and the time came to recite our vows, I was so overcome with emotion, something I didn't expect and I remember thinking "wow this is really happening!" and "so this is why people cried at weddings" (I never really understood that till that day) Commitment was never an issue for me but man..to stand with this one person in front of your family & friends and commit to each other, nothing can explain that feeling you get..and yes as cheesy as it sounds..it felt magical..

Maybe its all these different feelings coming together..happiness, nervousness, anxiety, excitement, fear, courage, hope, faith, caution, optimism, joy! so many thoughts going through my mind and the thoughts were so extreme they turned into deep felt emotions, emotions I couldn't control & I felt them reciting those vows, looking into my husbands eyes holding his hands, barely speaking clearly trying to hold back my tears..Damn!

Looking back on that day and seeing how far we've come, all the ups & downs, our triumphs & disappointments..we're still here holding on, and I'm not going to lie, marriage is so hard to hold onto after a couple of years but we are determined to make it last come rainstorms and rainbows, because four years ago I put my hand in his, looked into his eyes & gave him my life & heart to keep and four years later...he still has it.

Peace & Love

*Happy 4th Anniversary babe, even though I know you probably won't read this..I still love you*

No comments:

Post a Comment