Friday, September 10, 2010

Fiji..where we call HOME

My husband & I have been living in the USA for almost 5 years now, we've come to accept this country as our home but where we came from, Fiji, will always be our true home. When people ask me where I come from & as I reply Fiji, the common response I get is; Where is that? or Fiji? as in Fiji water? lol First of all, Fiji is a little south pacific island nation & yes that's where Fiji water comes from.I loved growing up in the islands, the environment, the people, the weather, the culture, the FOOD! oh how i miss the food :) Fiji is a multicultural country, with the population mostly created up of the indigenous Fijians (which I am a part of) & the Indo-Fijians (Indians who were brought over from India ages ago as labourers). There are also Asians, Pacific Islanders, Americans etc etc etc. Fiji was once under British rule, thus the union jack on the flag but is now an independent country, & the common language spoken is English.

I just miss the relaxing vibe of the islands & the beauty of the people & place & I sure do miss a nice warm beach to swim in! If you're ever planning a holiday soon, try FIJI, flights fly out of LAX on Air Pacific every week & there are numerous hotels to stay, budget friendly like Skylodge, to the more pricey like the Sheraton Fiji or Hilton & don't forget to take a cruise, Beachcomber is a popular one! (oh lawd I'm dreaming of a vacation now!) Soon hopefully, once the girls get a bit older, we'll be able to have $ saved up for a nice family vacation ..sunshine,cocktails on the beach,family & friends..ahh..I can already see it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment