Thursday, September 9, 2010

I AM a DEPLOYMENT SURVIVOR

Browsing through the MIL spouse blogs, I came across this entry at goodnight moons blog.
So it is a bunch of other mil spouse bloggers sharing their thoughts about being a deployment survivor, the good & the bad! once you follow the link be sure to read the others blogs as well linked to her blog entry..read the awesomeness of Mil Wives & the un-awesomeness of deployments!

MY STORY
My husband is currently on his second tour overseas, first time he deployed to Iraq, & this time to Afghanistan. Deployments are definitely the hardest times of our lives together. We try so hard to keep our marriage together, there has been times where we were ready to throw in the towel & just call it quits but we always sought out the strength to keep carrying on & every good day that goes by, we are both grateful that we still have our family, we still have each other to get through the bad days.

Every Mil wife, knows we have to be strong to be able to survive, we made that commitment the moment we said "I Do" but we all know the pain of those lonely nites, crying & missing your other half..and not forgetting worried for their lives that when you don't get a call, stomachs start to turn a little, head starts to sweat & just panic sometimes engulfs you to almost insanity!

I look at our 2 girls & I thank god for them, I know my husband misses them tons as well, during deployments my kids have been such heaven sent! even with all the tantrums & meltdowns they keep me from constantly going to that dark place where you just want to crawl up in a ball & shut the world out, they keep me occupied & I love to share those little moments with them & of course I wish their daddy was here to see them, thank god for YouTube! :)

Deployments never get easy, doesn't matter if its your first or tenth, I read all these Mil blogs & sometimes the posts relate so much to me that I think hey you know I'm not the only one & I definitely won't be the last. I realise how much we sacrifice for our families, for our husbands & I appreciate myself much more because I am a Deployment Survivor & I will always be, for my kids & for the man I love, no matter what!

Peace & Love!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up and sharing your story! Until you've been through a deployment, you can't fully understand all the scarifices that we make on a day to day basis. Staying strong on the homefront makes our man's life a thousand times easier for him to do his job. And having babies at home is such a heaven sent. They keep us moving forward and its awesome to be able to look down at their cute little faces and see your husband in them.

    Sending hugs to you today for all the hard work you do while your hubs is deployed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the graet idea! thanks for following as well :)

    ReplyDelete