Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What would you do if Army Officers in class As came knockin?

As an army wife of a deployed soldier in a very violent country, I must expect the worst. Even though deep in my heart I don't believe anything will happen to him, the logical side of me tells me I must not picture fields of sunflowers & sunshine all the time. I remember once before DH deployed to Iraq in 08, we were talking about the possibilities of death..I asked him how he would make his presence known in the afterlife, he said he would blow gently into my ear every time he was near..I smiled..it was a bit comforting to know he would always be around even if he left, although I did warn him if he ever tried to haunt me or the girls in a scary way I'd exorcist him back to Iraq lol of course he made it home from Iraq..now he's in Afghanistan. Lately the news concerning the casualties of the men KIA is unsettling with me. I don't even know how to handle all of this. I remember a friend asking another army wife what she would do if the men in class A's showed up at her door? she said she would run. I remember seeing all the sad tribute videos on youtube, heartfelt songs along with heart breaking pictures of widows & kids..I wonder..will that be me? what would I do if I saw men in class A's walking up to my door? he always said to expect the worst & hope for the best..it's way easier said than done. I remember thinking if he ever left me & the girls I would never forgive him, he knows he has a family to take care of..but as a soldier, they all do. Every soldier fallen had someone to come back to, they all had stuff to take care of, in a time of war nothing is certain not even life. So what would I do if an officer came up to my doorstep? I hope I never find out. G'nite..Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment